Friday, June 19, 2015

Menu Making

This post will show my little bit of OCD. ☺️ I have a system for grocery shopping that is tried and true. I come up with a menu for each month, leaving room for leftovers and nights out. Here is this month's menu. 
Some are recipes that are old and loves and some are recipes that are new Pinterest finds (yes, I'm another Pinterest addict). If you would like any of the recipes for the above meals, I will feel free to share! 

I then write down all the ingredients for the above recipes on a separate sheet of paper. 
This is where the OCD part kicks in. I then take this sheet and cross off what I don't need and organize it on another sheet. 
Yes, I've been told it's a bit much and I belong in a padded room. I'm sure I'd find a way to reorganize the pads on the wall. Heehee. 

Using this system, my grocery shopping time is cut way down and my grocery bill is at least, if not more than, 1/2 cheaper than when I don't plan. 

Try it out for your next month! Twerk it to your family's needs. Let me know how it works. As always,

Much love,
Krystan, the experimental housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment